One of the most breathtaking roads in the Philippines is almost complete!
The scenic 24.22-km. “Daang Katutubo” would link Aguilar to Mangatarem in Pangasinan and Sta. Cruz, Zambales. It is said to be one of the most scenic roads in the Philippines.
The road is a two-lane road unlike ‘Daang Kalikasan’, which is a four-lane road. It is called ‘Daang Katutubo’ because the residents in the barangays along the road are indigenous peoples (IPs).
One of the most breathtaking roads in the Philippines “Daang Katutubo” cuts a path through the rolling hills of Pangasinan to connect the lands of ethnic groups Kankanaey, Bago, and Ibaloi in Sitio Mapita, Brgy Laoag, Aguilar, Pangasinan.
The project was initiated in 2012 by then 2nd District representative, Leopoldo Bataoil, now mayor of Lingayen town.
Daang Katutubo winds its way up to the Mapita View Deck, which offers panoramic views of the Mangatarem River and the surrounding mountains.
Daang Katutubo is a great place to go for a road trip, a day hike, or a picnic. The scenery is beautiful, the history is rich, and the culture is fascinating. If you’re looking for a unique and memorable experience in Pangasinan, be sure to check out Daang Katutubo.
How To Get To Mapita View Deck - Daang Katutubo From Manila.
As of now, there are no public transportation that goes directly to Mapita View Deck in Daang Katutubo. In other words, you have to bring your own vehicle to get there.
To get there, make sure to download Waze app of Google Maps for easy navigation.
- From Manila, take the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and exit at Urdaneta.
- From Urdaneta, take the Pangasinan-Nueva Ecija Road (PNR) and head towards Aguilar.
- In Aguilar, look for the turnoff to Barangay Laoag.
- Follow the road until you reach the Daang Katutubo.
- The Mapita View Deck is located a short distance from the Daang Katutubo.
To get there, make sure to download Waze app of Google Maps for easy navigation. The total travel time from Manila is approximately 3 hours.
Tips for getting to Mapita View Deck - Daang Katutubo
- The best time to visit is during the morning or late afternoon, when the weather is clear.
- If you are traveling by motorcycle, be sure to wear a helmet.
- There is a small parking fee at the Daang Katutubo.
- The Mapita View Deck is open from 8am to 5pm.